Recombinant human IL-17A
|Recombinant human IL-17A||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Recombinant Cytokine, source: CHO
Recombinant Human Interleukin-17A (with HSA)
Interleukin 17A (IL-17A), a pro-inflammatory cytokine, belongs to a family of six cytokines; IL-17A, IL-17B, IL-17C, IL-17D, IL-E (also known as IL-25) and IL-17F . IL-17A binds a heterodimeric cell surface receptor (IL-17RA/IL-17RC) triggering a signaling cascade that results in NF-κB activation, a key regulator of innate immunity . Although this cytokine exerts a protective role against many pathogens, the overproduction of IL-17A is associated with autoimmune diseases .
Recombinant human IL-17A is intended for use in cell culture applications. Recombinant human IL-17A is produced in Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells transfected with the full-length sequence for the human IL-17A gene. These transfected cells produce and secrete biologically active IL-17A. Recombinant human IL-17A is purified by affinity chromatography.
The activity of recombinant human IL-17A can be monitored in HEK-Blue™ IL-17 cells which express a SEAP reporter gene under the control of the IFN-β minimal promoter fused to five NF-κB and five AP-1 binding sites.
1. Gu C. et al., 2013. IL-17 family: cytokines, receptors and signaling. Cytokine. 64(2):477-85.
2. Qu F. et al., 2012. TRAF6-dependent Act1 phosphorylation by the IκB kinase-related kinases suppresses interleukin-17-induced NF-κB activation. Mol Cell Biol. 32(19):3925-37.
3. Pappu R. et al., 2011. The interleukin-17 cytokine family: critical players in host defence and inflammatory diseases. Immunology. 134(1): 8–16.
Source: Mammalian; Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells
UniProt ID: Q16552
Formulation: Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS (pH 7.4) with human serum albumin (HSA) as a carrier protein
Purity: >95%, by SDS-PAGE
Molecular mass: ~ 16 kDa, by SDS-PAGE
Solubility: 100 μg/ml in water
Endotoxin level: < 0.1 EU/μg protein as determined by the LAL method
Bioactivity: Validated using HEK-Blue IL-17 cellsBack to the top
- 10 μg of recombinant human IL-17A (with HSA) provided as a white lyophilized powder.
- 1.5 ml endotoxin-free water.
Recombinant human IL-17A is shipped at room temperature.
Upon receipt it should be stored at -20°C.Back to the top