|GlcC14C18||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Qty||Price|
Glucosyl-6-tetradecyloctadecanoate; Mincle ligand
Mincle Agonist - Glucosyl-6-tetradecyloctadecanoate
GlcC14C18 is a synthetic C6-branched glycolipid that activates the macrophage-inducible C-type lectin (Mincle) receptor.
This glucose monoester was developed using a rational design to obtain a structurally simple molecule that binds and activates both human and murine Mincle .
GlcC14C18 recognition by Mincle leads to the phosphorylation of the immunoreceptor tyrosine activation motif (ITAM) of the Mincle-associated Fc receptor common γ-chain (FcRγ), and subsequent Syk-CARD9 signaling and NF-κB activation. Mincle triggering ultimately results in the production of Th1/Th17 polarizing cytokines and chemokines [1-3].
GlcC14C18 displays similar activity to two other extensively studied Mincle agonists: the trehalose-6,6-dimycolate (TDM, also known as cord factor) naturally found in the cell wall of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, and its synthetic analog, trehalose-6,6-dibehenate (TDB) .
Importantly, GlcC14C18 displays less toxicity on human monocytes and monocyte-derived dendrictic cells in vitro than TDB .
1. Decout A. et al., 2017. Rational design of adjuvants targeting the C-type lectin Mincle. PNAS. 114(10):2675-80.
2. Patin EC. et al., 2017. Macrophage Inducible C-Type Lectin As a Multifunctional Player in Immunity. Front Immunol. 8:861.
3. Williams SJ., 2017. Sensing Lipids with Mincle: Structure and Function. Front Immunol. 8:1662.
GlcC14C18 induces a dose-dependent response in HEK-Blue™ hMincle cells.
HEK-Blue™ hMincle cells were stimulated with increasing concentrations of GlcC14C18 and trehalose-6,6-dimycolate (TDM, also known as cord factor), an extensively studied Mincle agonist. After overnight incubation, the NF-κB response was determined using QUANTI-Blue™, a SEAP detection reagent, and by reading the optical density (OD) at 630 nm.
CAS number: 2097365-59-6
Specificity: human and mouse Mincle
Molecular weight: 643 g/mol
Solubility: 1 mg/ml isopropanol or 2 mg/ml DSMO
Working concentration: 10 ng/ml - 1 µg/ml
- Purity: ≥95% (UHPLC)
- The biological activity has been tested using cellular assays.
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. lipoproteins and endotoxins) has been confirmed using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK‑Blue™ TLR4 cells.
- 2 x 1 mg Glucosyl-6-tetradecyloctadecanoate (GlcC14C18)
GlcC14C18 is shipped at room temperature
Store at -20 °CBack to the top
GlcC14C18 chemical structure
Back to the top