|Anti-mDectin-1a-IgG||Unit size||Cat. code||Docs||Price|
Neutralizing monoclonal antibody against mouse Dectin-1a
Mouse Dectin-1a Neutralizing monoclonal antibody - Monoclonal rat IgG2b
Anti-mDectin-1a-IgG is a monoclonal rat IgG2b antibody against mouse Dectin-1a (mDectin-1).
Anti-mDectin-1a-IgG recognizes specifically the isoform A of mDectin-1. Anti-mDectin-1a-IgG does not recognize the isoform B of mDectin-1.
This antibody was screened for flow cytometry and neutralization activity.
Anti-mDectin- 1a-IgG is produced in hybridomas and purified by affinity chromatography with protein G / agarose.Back to the top
Clonality: Monoclonal antibody
Applications: a neutralizing antibody, Anti-mDectin-1a-IgG blocks mDectin-1a-induced cellular activation. Anti-mDectin-1a-IgG can also be used for flow cytometry.
Specificity: Mouse Dectin-1
Isotype: Rat IgG2b, kappa
Formulation: 0.2 µm filtered solution in 68 mM phosphate buffer with 91 mM glycine, 5% w/v saccharose and stabilizing agents
- The absence of bacterial contamination (e.g. endotoxins and peptidoglycans) is controlled using HEK-Blue™ TLR2 and HEK-Blue™ TLR4 cells.
- The antibody is validated for neutralization and flow cytometry using HEK-Blue™ Dectin cells.
- 100 µg purified anti-mDectin-1a-IgG, provided azide-free and lyophilized
Product is shipped at room temperature.
Store lyophilized antibody at -20°C.
Product is stable for 6 months.Back to the top
Dectin-1 is a member of the C-type lectin receptor (CLR) family and plays an important role in antifungal innate immunity.
In humans and mice, Dectin-1 is alternatively spliced into two major isoforms, a full-length A isoform and a ‘stalkless’ B isoform1. Dectin-1 is expressed on phagocytic cells, including macrophages and neutrophils. Dectin-1 is a specific receptor for β-glucans . β-Glucans are glucose polymers found in the cell walls of fungi, including the yeasts Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Candida albicans. Upon binding to its ligand, Dectin-1 triggers phagocytosis and signaling through the kinase Syk and the adaptors CARD9-Bcl10-Malt1 leading to the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS), the activation of NF-kB and the subsequent production of pro-inflammatory cytokines [3, 4]. Dectin-1 signaling has been shown to collaborate with Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) signaling to enhance the responses triggered by each receptor [4, 5].
1. Herre J. et al., 2004. The role of dectin-1 in antifungal immunity. Crit Rev Immunol. 24(3):193-204.
2. Brown GD. et al., 2003. Dectin-1 mediates the biological effects of beta-glucans. J Exp Med. 197: 1119- 24.
3. Gross O. et al., 2006. Card9 controls a non-TLR signaling pathway for innate anti-fungal immunity. Nature. 442:651- 6.
4. Dennehy KM. & Brown GD., 2007. The role of the betaglucan receptor Dectin-1 in control of fungal infection .J Leukoc Biol.82(2):253-8.
5. Gantner BN. et al., 2003. Collaborative induction of inflammatory responses by dectin-1 and Toll- like receptor 2. J Exp Med. 197:1107- 17.